[97] Cole became one of only six rappers to reach number one with their first three full-length studio albums, others being Drake, Rick Ross, Nelly, DMX and Snoop Dogg. The thems he covers aren't new, but the way he approaches each song is a refreshing sound, unheard of in this dance/rap era we are in today. It’s relatable but hardly the kind of story you want to hear more than once. He gets more than a little ahead of himself, though, claiming to be better than Slick Rick, LL Cool J, Rakim, and Big Daddy Kane on “January 28th”. Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / J. Cole - 2014 Forest Hills Drive (full Album Download) (36381 Views) Olamide Fans Eyan Mayweather (full Album Download) For Free / Music: P-square - Double Trouble Full Album Download (1) Very disappointed. Got here very quickly and everything initially seemed great but when I played it, tracks started skipping to the point where you cannot listen to the vinyl as it repeats a verse over and over again and then skips straight to the chorus. 2014 Forest Hills Drive is the third studio album by American rapper J. Cole. Featured peformers: J. Cole (executive producer), MF Mez (recording engineer, aka_text {mix engineer} role_id 1327.aka_text), Mark Pitts (executive producer, manager), Roc Nation (executive producer), Ibrahim Hamad (director, … Cole still stays true to his "Who Dat" days with bangers like "G.O.M.D." [28] Episode three was released on December 30, Kendrick Lamar, Wale, ASAP Ferg and Rihanna made appearances. In its quest to canonize, the record eschews both singles and guests: It’s a bold move, and where it floats, it soars, but it flops gloriously when it doesn’t. Forest Hills Drive is a masterpiece, everything from the production to the lyricism aligns J. Cole with the rap legends before him. Rose Desandies, and Yolanda Renee, "St. Tropez" contains additional background vocals by T.S. He’s great at synthesizing everyman relationship woes into terse pop nuggets. 2014 Forest Hills Drive, an Album by J. Cole. I bought this vinyl for my brother's birthday since J. Cole is one of my favorite artists and I wanted to share that with him. Any fan of hip hop must have this album. I guess that it been broke during the transportation. "[67] Andre Grant of HipHopDX stated, "It is less artistic than it means to be, but it is truer than anything he's ever made. 2,526 global ratings | 1,188 global reviews, Be Careful of what you get from this vinyl, Reviewed in the United States on May 17, 2020. Still, ceding an entire hour to a rapper who works best in short bursts works better here than anyone could’ve expected. 2014 Forest Hills Drive was met with generally positive reviews. #coleworld, Reviewed in the United States on August 27, 2017. Hope to get around to listening to more of his music. "[46] The song was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on May 18, 2016. Bold move, and where it floats, it soars, but it flops gloriously when it doesn’t. Cole’s previous release “Born Sinner” was critically acclaimed. It wraps itself in the garments of a classic, but you can see that the tailoring is off. Cole soon put the home up for an "extremely cheap" renting price, in the hope that any struggling residents could use it to progress their lives, without having to worry about frequent moving, an experience Cole underwent due to frequent financial struggles. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Cole. This page works best with JavaScript. Review: ‘2014 Forest Hills Drive’-J. While at university in 2003 Cole’s childhood home was foreclosed on. If you don't think that you've [25] The tour sold over 570,000 tickets worldwide and grossed $20.4 million. It was released on December 9, 2014, by ByStorm Entertainment, Columbia Records, Dreamville Records and Roc Nation. Problem is, Cole hasn’t earned it yet. said, "He shines without any features, standing strong in his delivery and carrying his story to the forefront of the 13-track project. its not a big issue, im pretty sure the cd is fine. [34], "Apparently" was serviced to American mainstream urban radio, as the album's first single on December 9, 2014. Man, he is a talented artist, so ahead of his time even when he rhyme about the future he be reminiscing. After hearing Born Sinners, I was anxious for this album.Its not the same as Born Sinners but overall I really like it.I think it has a bit of an old school style rap to it and I can listen to it 5 years from now and still feel the songs.His songs are realistic (telling a story)to me compared to what other artist rap about.I feel like if you can't relate to some of his stories in his songs or comprehend his lyrics, your not gonna like the album.So to each it's own.I like what he created, just wish there were more tracks. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. [96] In its second week, the album sold 135,000 more copies. Rose Desandies and Yolanda Renee. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on January 24, 2015, This CD is amazing. Released 9 December 2014 on Sony (catalog no. This album is a must buy for fans of real Hip Hop. Your computer may be infected with malware or spyware that is making automated requests to our server and causing problems. [2], In 2014, Cole bought the house, and was the first home he had purchased. This is his best studio album period.Most focused album, supppperr relavent very lush production no phone in singles ever all from the soul top 3 2014 easily (somewhere in the mix with UnderPressure and Kauai/STNMTN). After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you. The cover is shot at his childhood home as Eminem did on the Marshall Mathers LP. © 2008-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, See all details for 2014 Forest Hills Drive (Vinyl). The unofficial motto for this release was F*** Money, Spread Love. You (or someone with the same IP address as you) might be using a script or program to download pages from this site automatically. It remains one of my favourites to date. It wraps itself in the garments of a classic, but you can see that the tailoring is off. [7] The production on the album was primarily handled by J. Cole, along with its guest productions, including Dreamville's in-house producer Ron Gilmore, DJ Dahi,[8] Illmind,[9] Willie B,[10] Phonix Beats,[11] Vinylz[12] and Pop Wansel, with additional production provided by Cardiak[13] and CritaCal,[14] among others. [37] On June 16, 2016, "Wet Dreamz" was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). [63] Album of the Year assessed the critical consensus as 68 out of 100, based on 17 reviews. 2014 Forest Hills Drive received generally positive reviews from critics who admired its ambitious concept, production and lyrics. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.