Sung-ha Jo, This drama series shows the delicate relationship between a female university student Hong Seol (Kim Go-Eun) and her senior Yoo Jung (Park Hae-Jin). It give lots of opportunities for them to draw closer together while keeping the audience on the edge of their seats. Since its primary focus was simply on relationships without a grander plot running in the background, I did find it a bit a draggy here and there, especially with the long episode length though. Daebak is a drama I will really miss. I really loved their interactions. Stay tuned for the grand total when combined with other dramas at the end of the article. | The story is a bit cheesy, but also refreshing and different. Cinderella and the Four Knights was such a fun and easy watch. Jun Ji Hyun is hysterical as a literal fish-out-of-water as she adapts to chic Seoul, and Lee Min Ho is as charming as ever as a con man who can’t help but falling for the strange woman in his life. I found Goodbye Mr. Black to be pretty enjoyable. The writing is pretty messy all the way through, and the editing isn’t very smooth either. What was your favorite drama of the year? Jung Shin Lee, 70 min I loved the crazy opposites attract scenario. W – Two Worlds has a great fantasy story in place with a very capable cast. It portrayed a wonderful friendship between our four girls, and I enjoyed the variety of relationship issues it explored with each of them. Brought to us by the writer of “My Love From the Star,” “The Legend of the Blue Sea” is another amazing tale of love that spans centuries and species! Park Bo Gum is a complete charmer as the Crown Prince, and he really delivered when things got intense. | Park Bo Gum took the lead in not one, but two, of 2016’s top dramas. Appreciate the ranked order, Yeah, I put in a lot of drama hours, lol. Police Unit 38 was a fantastic watch. If you can just sit back and enjoy the little fantasy world it creates and just go with it, Moorim School is an enjoyable ride. The romance, the humor, the fun, the characters, and the heartfelt story all work together to create perfection in my book. I also would have preferred more focus on the couple together rather than on the entertainment company. They are a couple who shouldn’t be together for poisonous reasons but overcome the odds. Overall, the comedy is great, the actors are wonderful, and the story is interesting. Add in some comedy as well some deeper reflection into the desires, pain, and emotions of people, and you have one fabulous drama. My Rating: 10/10 (Signal Review). Ji-Hyun Nam, So many different relationships were explored, but the brotherly relationship between our two leading guys was so fascinating and gripping to watch. Kyung-ho Jung, Vampire Detective is the only complete dud for the year. The story was interesting all the way through, and I was hooked on Daebak from episode one. Overall, Let’s Fight Ghost had a great mix of genres that resulted in a very enjoyable watch. You watched a plethora dramas! While it’s not the best drama I’ve ever seen, it really is an awesome drama. Action, Comedy, Drama. Signal was one of those dramas that blew me away and effortlessly tugged at my heartstrings with it’s brilliant writing… Go-eun Kim, I bow down to you! Jun Sung, Park So Dam was the absolute perfect female lead, and Jung Il Woo really gave a wonderful performance as we slowly watched his character grow. Joon-seok Heo, Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. What a wonderful drama Madame Antoine was! This list includes all of the dramas that I watched which aired and concluded their runs in 2016. Jong-Suk Lee, Joo-Wan On, Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Descendants of the Sun was the big hit drama for 2016. I like a good revenge melodrama, and it definitely fits that description. Sung-Jae Lee, I was surprised at just how much I loved Uncontrollably Fond! The story of a man who fights against greed, and experiences every hardship and adversity known to man in order to make something of himself and find love. Keun-Suk Jang, Lee Je Hoon, Kim Hye Soo, and Jo Jin Woong are, simply put, perfect in their roles. We lost a little bit of that initial charm. Seo Hyun Jin plays the role of Yoon Seo Jung with sensitivity and Yoo Yeon Seok depicts the wayward Kang Dong Joo with brutal honesty. For me, it was everything I had hoped for in a melodrama, and I highly recommend it. Haha, yes, that scene in Beautiful Gong Shim was hilarious! But things definitely improved in the second half though, and I was much more engaged. But I know it is hard to watch all of the current ones and the old ones. | It’s an over-the-top style that I found hilarious. Ji-Won Kim, Would it be 2016 without this drama? Ji-seok Kim, TV-14 It lost its way early on and seemed to want to do to much while always focusing on the wrong things. Comedy, Fantasy, Romance. Let’s Fight Ghost was such a fun drama! The show has plenty of heart to go with the comedy. And I loved the school setting along with the fantasy premise. I always love Han Ye Seul, but I developed a new appreciation for the talented Sung Joon. In-young Yoo, TV-14 It turned out to be just my style of melodrama. Eun-ji Jo, TV-14 My Rating: 9/10 (Remember: War of the Son Review). I hope you have a great December too! She happily indulges in all kinds of K-pop, but her biases are SHINee, Infinite, and VIXX. Oh Hae Young Again was a bit unusual for me in that I was all over the place in my feelings for it. My Rating: 7/10 (Goodbye Mr. Black Review). Hyun-Sung Jang, TV-14 The drama really looked at how our beliefs can shape our lives and took us on a journey of growth and self-discovery that I found very moving. It excelled when it came to delivering intense action scenes, but the rest of the drama struggled to live up to them.