Transcend’s SSD220S is built on a standard 7mm, 2.5in format using a good quality metal enclosure. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … The read speed is most certainly improved but I feel large file transfers are slower. The list of nominations for the KitGuru Reader Awards 2020 has been finalised and voting starts now. Should you find any errors, please help us by reporting it, Discuss: Transcend SSD220S - solid state drive - 240 GB - SATA 6Gb/s. Prices. This SSD utilizes PCI Express Gen3 x4 interface and is compatible with NVM Express (NVMe) specifications. Very happy with the product. Transcend SSD220S - solid state drive - 240 GB - SATA 6Gb/s | TS240GSSD220S. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 May 2020. There’s a list of the drive’s specifications and performance and a checklist of what’s in the box. TRIM support, The package also doesn't come with the spacer. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The controller is a Silicon Motion SM2256KAB. $0.00. I excluded Cloud storage as I sometimes need to use it in areas with poor no internet.. $0.00 . Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 November 2019, Worked with my MacBook straightaway. shock-resistant. The drive uses a Samsung DDR3L-1600 (K4B4G1646D-BYK0) chip for caching duties. 3D expansion to break through limits Advanced Garbage Collection, DevSleep mode, Next up is the Tool section which holds a performance benchmark, a disk scanner (either quick or full scans) and the secure erase function. Transcend PCI-E SSD 220S M.2 Review September 27, 2019 September 29, 2019 Marvin Gabriel For today’s review, we’re going to take a look at the Transcend PCI-E SSD 220S Storage Device, it is currently available in 256GB, 512GB and 1TB variant but what we have here today is the 256GB variant that is rated up to 3,500 MB/s Read and 1,100 MB/s Write speed. The remaining text is a multilingual marketing list of some of the drives other features. KitGuru Reader Awards 2020 – win a Philips 55″ Momentum Screen. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 15 June 2018. To get to the drives internals its just a matter of undoing the four tiny screws on the sides of the drive, two of which are hidden under a pair of void warranty warning stickers. This turned a two minute boot up time into about ten seconds. Simon Crisp Bout this to change my old HDD to an SSD. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 August 2016, Although i use windows 8.1 on my laptop i still had a spare hard drive with the Windows 10 upgrade installed, i keep this updated and might one day use it instead of 8.1, with this in mind i looked for an SSD as using Win 10 on a 5400 rpn hard drive was sometimes like wading through treacle, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 14 December 2018. © Copyright 2020, Kitguru.net All Rights Reserved. Featured Announcement, Reviews, SSD Drives. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 16 November 2019. Native Command Queuing (NCQ), shock-resistant, TRIM support, Wear Leveling Support, aluminum enclosure, Advanced Garbage Collection, Error Correction Code (ECC), DDR3 DRAM Cache, DevSleep mode, LDPC error correction, S.M.A.R.T. The rear of the box has a sticker with the drives product number, capacity and NAND type. Let us know your thoughts and you could win a 55" 4K gaming display from Philips! By using high-quality flash memory and enhanced firmware algorithms, the SSD220S delivers greater performance and reliability. As for the warranty, Transcend has it covered for 3-years with condition that the warranty will be void should the SSD Scope’s wear-out indicator shows 0% within 3 years. Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic. Discussion threads can be closed at any time at our discretion. CNET may get a commission from these offers. Finally, there is a firmware update tool which checks the drives firmware and enables you to download any updates but you will have to manually update the firmware yourself via a bootable USB drive. Thing about SSDs is they either work, or they don't. Transcend 2.5" SATA III 6Gb/s 220S SSD. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. We strive to provide correct information, but are not responsible for inaccuracies. Editors liked: Great read speed and write speed Affordable The utility also has a disc cloning tool to enable you to either clone just the OS partition or the extended disc. The drive is built on a compact PCB that only fills about three-quarters of the enclosure. One side of the board is home to four Micron 16nm 64GB TLC NAND packages carrying the FBGA code of NW784, which gives the part number of MT29F512G08EMCBBJ5-6:B when put into Micron’s FBGA decoder. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Seems to work as expected, excellent value. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 16 March 2017. Transcend's SATA III 6Gb/s SSD220S uses the latest 3D NAND technology that features vertical, stacked expansion of storage cells. Wouldn't waste your money, specs really low and erratic, and change alot from SSD to SSD. July 3, 2016 There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. aluminum enclosure, 1,958 global ratings | 1,376 global reviews, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 26 November 2019. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. OS and programs on the SSD which makes a huge difference to the speed of my computer especially booting. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I like it that Transcend’s drives are silver in color, making it easy to match all sorts of casing setup. Even after booting, whereas before my PC would spend ages sitting there thrashing the hard disk, it's now ready to go as soon as the desktop appears. DDR3 DRAM Cache, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 October 2019. And this works, and at the right price, so a 5 star for now! The controller also has proprietary NANDXtend error-correcting and data protection technology built in, which along with LDPC (low-density parity check) and RAID Data Recovery technologies help prolong the TLC NAND’s endurance. $43.99. Not needed for the desktop but some laptops need this for the disk to sit properly and be protected. Post a comment. Transcend SSD220S 480GB SSD review. Utilizing this interface means never-before-seen transfer speeds of 3,500 MB/s read and 2,800 MB/s write are now a reality. Tags 16nm 480gb 480GB SSD Review TLC-NAND Transcend Transcend SSD220S Transcend SSD220S 480GB. The front of the Transcend SSD220S 480GB box has an image of the drive, its capacity and a list of three of the drives features. If you are looking for a cheap SSD and to improve your pc/laptops performace this is the ideal one for someone on a budget. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Transcend 240GB SATA III 6Gb/s SSD220S 2.5" Solid State Drive at Amazon.com. On the other side of the PCB sit the controller, four more Micron 16nm 64GB NAND packages giving the drive a raw capacity of 512GB, and a cache IC. Try again. * Product and pricing data are sourced from third parties for informational purposes only. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. LDPC error correction, The Transcend SSD220S 480GB SSD is an excellent SSD retailing at RM 569, there’s also the 240GB model at RM 299. SSD Scope has four main sections; Status which provides information about the drive, how much capacity is being used and a wear indicator to show how much life the drive has left. The protocol is the biggest influence on how fast the files can be transferred and loaded – and hence we tried transferring a 20GB dummy file between out NVMe SSD boot drive into the 3 different storage medium that we have. Total Price Tax Shipping Store In Stock $43.99. I installed windows 10 enterprise in roughly 20 minutes, boot time is circa seven seconds (iCore 5 with 16gb ram). There’s not much in the box beside the drive; a warranty card, a quick installation guide, four fixing screws and some very small but useful catalogues of other Transcend products. Native Command Queuing (NCQ), I needed high speed, compact data storage for a large data set (±400Gb total) that I only run occasionally. Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. Transcend SSD220S Series SATA 600 reviews, pros and cons, Amazon price history. The SM2256 is a 4-channel IC using a 32-bit RISC CPU supporting 2D/3D MLC and TLC NAND as well as AES 256, TCG and Opal encryption for added security and it also supports the DevSleep ultra-low power state.