If still there is no winner after 5 such matches (total 10 games), one sudden-death game will be played. The young Norwegian is the new  World ChessChampion. Karpov may well have ruled the chess world until the year 2000.>. The World Chess Championship 2013 was a match between the defending world champion Viswanathan Anand of India and challenger Magnus Carlsen of Norway, winner of the 2013 World Championship Candidates Tournament. etc.” (by Grandmaster Bogdan Lalic). He survived his match with Leko by the narrowest of margins and, unlike Kasparov in the 1990s, was primus inter pares overall. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. The 7th game of the Women’s World Championship Match finished in favor of Hou Yifan (China). However, the determined young Norwegian maximized the complications, and the champion finally collapsed. The fact that anand is too old. check out kramnik anand Wch games where anand wins with semi slav. After some imprecise moves by Black the game quickly reached the endgame and was drawn. Finally he reached a hard-fought rook endgame in which he had a slight advantage but could not transform the extra pawn into a win and the game was drawn. While I enjoy seeing Carlsen beat Anand, I’m much more looking forward to a future match between Carlsen and the young unknown genius, Dave Bendl. The World Chess Championship 2013 is a match that consists of 12 games (and maybe tie-break games). ICC's Dream Team of commentators is ready to analyze the games on the air. My apologies: I misquoted your post. The Queens were traded off early and in the resulting even endgame Anand made some slight errors and lost the rook ending. In case of a level score, another 2-game match will be played to determine a winner. No doubt any self-confident Grandmaster around the world would expect to hold the draw. One can understand Carlsen's motivation: every draw brings him closer to the title. The game was fairly complex and required some fine decision-making. Kasparov managed five straight title defenses; it's unlikely Karpov would have managed eight. They stand up well in a comparison to Karpov's career after the Kasparov matches, especially if you allow for the period of Kramnik's illness. (See position below). When Magnus Carlsen was 13 years old he talked about his dream of becoming The World Chess Champion. Viswanathan Anand retained the title of the World Champion after defeating the challenger Boris Gelfand in the FIDE World Chess Championship Match in 2012 in Moscow, Russia.